Carl Nassar is a professional counselor who calls Fort Collins, Colorado home.
He is the founder and director of Heart Centered Counseling, a growing practice of therapists who’ve come together in Fort Collins to offer the best care available to those struggling with personal, relational, and mental health issues.
Here are a few facts to help you get to know him better…
GET RELIEF TODAY
Care. Compassion. And Help.
Carl R Nassar, LPC, CIP, CIIPTS, Director, Heart Centered Counseling, Fort Collins, Colorado
- I’m a Colorado licensed professional counselor (LPC)
- I’m a Certified Integrative Psychotherapist (CIP)
- I’m a Certified International Integrative Psychotherapy Trainer and Supervisor (CIIPTS)
- I’m the author of The Sprit of Joy: A Transformational Journey to Awaken the Soul
- I’m also the author of and voice behind The Heart-Centered Cure.
- When I was a kid, I collected comic books. I loved Spider-Man. I thought he was very brave. I still do. (Yes, I know he’s not real.)
- When I went to school, I studied hard. I won most of the awards for having the best grades in high school and college. (My mom still has them.)
- I’m a dad to an incredible seven year old who has a motor that won’t quit (until she collapses). She reminds me, each day, of the power of the human spirit.
- My wife and I adopted our daughter from Kazakhstan when she was 7 months old. It’s a very long trip to Kazakhstan. If you drilled a hole hrough the center of the earth from my home in Colorado, you’d just about arrive at the village in Kazakhstan where we met our daughter. (And you might get there more quickly.)
- I met my wife in the summer of 1992 while backpacking through Europe. We met in the south of France. There were fireworks the night we met because it was the night before France’s independence day. We met on a bluff at sunset. All of that is true, and crazily romantic.
- I’m not friends with any famous people, but I think I have great friends who should be famous.
- I love my clients. I think they’re amazing people, filled with courage.
- I’m very loyal. When I was 8 years old and watched the Dallas Cowboys win the Super Bowl in 1976, I decided they’d be my favorite team for life. They still are. (Please don’t hold that against me.)
In a former life…
Carl hasn’t always been a therapist. In a previous life, he was a tenured professor at Colorado State University (CSU) —in the Electrical Engineering Department.
Even while working with graduate level engineering students, and consulting with international companies, Carl had a deep interest in helping those who were hurting.
During his years at CSU, Carl earned graduate degrees in psychology as a first step toward building a private counseling practice.
After the release of his book—The Spirit of Joy—Dr. Carl appeared on WB2 Morning Show, CNN Headline News, Boston Community Television, the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), and Mars/Venus radio, along with many other appearances.
His topic was always the same: the tools for creating joy in your day-to-day life.
Want to Know More About Heart Centered Counseling?
Of course, you’re always welcome to call or email the office using the contact information on this page. We’ll gladly listen to your story, tell you all about Carl and his team, and explain how they can help you with your specific concern today. We’ll even set you up with your first appointment if you feel ready.